I hate hanging things on the wall. All through college and in my Dallas apartment, I never put anything up on the walls. And it's not that I just hate the act of hanging decorations, but I never really had anything to hang up (because I didn't want to hang it). It's not that I don't like anything on the walls either; I love going in other people's houses that are all decorated and have pictures and artwork up. But I have a hard time spending my money on something that has no useful value other than being something pretty to look at. A $100 piece of artwork or a couple pairs of jeans? A $20 picture frame or a new pair of shoes? I just could never justify to myself spending the money when there were other things I wanted more (and could use). Also, I watch HGTV religiously, so I have so many ideas to pick from that when I walk into a decorating store, I am overwhelmed and don't know where to begin. Then I just can't decide what I want so I don't buy anything.
So when we moved into our nice big house, I had nothing to decorate with. And it really bugs Justin. I can live with it, I have for years. But he grew up with an interior designer for a mother, so he's used to things being up on the walls and houses being decorated.
Justin's always bugging me about why I haven't "girlified" the house yet. I did buy a picture back in July to put above the fireplace, and in the fall bought 2 metal scroll candleholders he hung in the dining room for me. But that's been it. There are no pictures out of the two of us because I have never bought picture frames either. It started to change this past Valentine's weekend when I enlisted my sister to go with me to a few decorating stores and get her opinion on things. I alsotold Justin he couldn't bitch about how much I spent because he's been bugging me for over a year to do something and he agreed that was fair. He knows I hate spending money and am wise when I do, so it's not like I went crazy - I got some stuff on sale and when I used Gelea's business name at one store, I got a discount. :)
After my weekend spree, I ended up with 2 floating shelves and 5 picture frames (and then Hannah bought me 3 small ones) to put on the shelves. Then I bought 3 pieces of artwork. One for the guest bathroom, one for my craft room, and one for our bedroom. And Justin hung everything for me on Sunday. I'm just waiting on the pictures I ordered to finish putting those in the frames and that will be complete. There is definitely still some work to be done, but I think I have in mind what I want now, so now it's just a matter of finding it at a price I will pay!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Pictures Collection

Alexa Rank

Link Collection

Followers

Total Pageviews