Good-bye TI and hello Triad Resources!

Texas Instruments has been good to me and I will miss certain aspects of it, but I am ready for a change. I enjoyed half of my job, but hated the other half. The new position I took over (in addition to my old position) when I moved down to Houston does not fit me and my personality at all. There are too many grievances to complain about, so I'll just stop there.

Now the new job that I am super-excited about! Basically I will be doing the same accounting/finance things I do at TI for the new company, which is a placement company for IT people. It is a much smaller company , with about 20 employees, only 2 of which are male. It is also only 10 years old, but is projecting $20 million in net revenue for 2009 and growing. I found out about it thanks to Eva Archer-Smith; I love you Eva!

And here are some of the perks:
every other Friday off,
20 days of paid vacation/sick days,
9 paid US holidays,
your birthday off,
1 floating day to take when you want,
fully stocked kitchen/fridge where they provide breakfast and lunch for you (need something? add it to the grocery list and they'll have it next week),
a fresh flower on your desk every Monday (can you tell it's a woman owned company?),
corner office with walls of windows and a balcony (I'm on the 3rd floor),
extra $200 every quarter for you to do something to improve yourself (examples: gym membership, a class, anything that is "for yourself"),
10% bonus paid over the four quarters (75% is your work performance, 25% is the company's performance),
extra $100 for every year worked on your service anniversary,
twice a year the office is shutdown and all the employees go do something fun as a group,
flexible schedule,
and more that I can't even think of at the moment.

The company has won a bunch of awards for fast growing Tech company, one of the best companies to work for in Houston, etc. I can't wait to start!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Pictures Collection

Alexa Rank

Link Collection

Followers

Total Pageviews