Of course we didn't take pictures, but we had a fun night to celebrate Justin's birthday. Skyler came over with his 2 Jack Russells, so Buddy had some playmates too. Skyler and Justin went to Wal-Mart and bought a charcoal grill, steaks, and other veggies for a cookout. I stayed home to start preparing my seasoned potatoes and keep an eye on the dogs (we had to put the cats in a closed off room). Then Jim and Erica came over with 8-week old Emma in tow. She's so cute! Well, the guys ended up buying 6 steaks, so we had 1 extra. I decided to invite a girl from work, Andrea, who just moved here 3 weeks ago from Miami. She's an industrial engineer here at TI. She was thrilled to be invited. I also invited her because Skyler wanted to meet her; I had told him she was Colombian and cute, so of course this piqued his interest. On a side note, I also learned she speaks 4 languages fluently - English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian; a woman of many talents. Back to my story now, everybody ate the delicious food and we sang Happy Birthday before Justin blew out the candles on his cake. Everybody loved the cake too (if I don't make it from scratch, Duncan Hines is the way to go). But as we were eating dinner around 7:30, I was getting really hot in the house. And I wasn't the only one. We checked the AC, it was set at 75 degrees. We figured with the people going in and out, the West Sun that brutally beats in our living room, the oven had been on low for a little while, and having all the people in our house, it just got hot and the AC was having a time to try and cool the house down. It wasn't until everybody left around 9:15 that Justin went and checked the outside unit that we discovered the fan was not working. It's making noise like it wants to work, but nothing is happening. So, needless to say, it was a warm night. We slept on top of the bed and left windows open and fans going. Justin stayed home today to try and figure out what the problem is. I'm really hoping that it will be fixed by the time I get home from work. Oh the perils of owning a home.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Pictures Collection

Alexa Rank

Link Collection

Followers

Total Pageviews